Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

One a Day-June 7th, 2011

When I was doing this one, and the wings landed on my table, I was thinking for some odd reason about the Victoria's Secret Angels....and maybe that's what they would look like in 1961...which is the year this photo appeared in the Montgomery Ward's catalog.  Then I noticed that this model bears an uncanny resemblance to Heidi Klum....then I decided that I wouldn't really like this piece unless I messed it up with some paint...
June 7th, 2011

3 comments:

Jenny Petricek said...

Kim, you're right...she DOES resemble Heidi Klum! I sometimes long for the 40's, 50's, and 60's, because models back then truly looked put-together and glamorous...and also wore a lot more clothing than today!

The wings are delightful, as well as the sparkle!

Kim Tedrow said...

Thanks Jenny! You're right about models and clothing, "less" is definitely more!

Kim Tedrow said...

I meant "less skin" that is. Referring to clothing it is more like "More" is definitely "more". I confuse myself some times. :)