Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

One a Day-September 25th, 2011: Number 494

I wanted to mix it up a little for this collage, so I tried out some techniques described in Michelle Ward's article in the September/October issue of Somerset Studio. I've messed around with doilies before, but thought I'd go back to basics and see what happens. I stenciled and tore and sprayed and painted and glued down fragments in layers.Then a sort of melancholy romantic theme began to emerge.

I didn't like it very well when I finished it last night, but after a good night's sleep and a work day, I'm happier with it. I always think it's interesting when I don't know what I'm doing until I've done it. I think that makes sense...

September 25th, 2011: Number 494

1 comment:

michelle ward said...

Love all the layers Kim!