Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2012

One a Day - March 8th, 2012

The image is "Princess" from The Stampsmith, with elements from "Ma Vinci's Reliquary".

There's a little story behind the inspiration for this piece....

March 8th, 2012
A couple of years ago I bought a box full of stuff - paper stuff mostly - at an auction in Minnesota. Well I bought more than one box but that's another story.

Anyway, in this box of "stuff" was an 1978 calendar published by the "Post Publishing Company" of Blue Earth, Minnesota. I didn't see anything unusual about it at the time, but I like how the photos are printed in color on colored paper, and put it in my box of old stuff.

I was trying to think of more ways to use my stamps, when it occurred to me that I could try to make images in the style of that calendar using photo stamps. So I grabbed some even older paper (receipt paper from "The Mower County Oil Company") and stamped Princess on it.




No comments: