Pages

Sunday, March 04, 2012

One (or Two) a Day - March 4th, 2012

Roses are a powerful and deeply personal symbol for me. So I have numerous rose stamps, and this is my favorite, by Silver Crow Creations , also one of my favorite vendors for assorted odd and vintage items for mixed media art. I love the look of vintage illustration in this one. I've also developed a love of "brown pink" (Jacquard makes a luscious color of Procion Dye called "Brown Rose").

The numbers are from a Ma Vinci sheet of rubber called Rough Estimate, and in my humble opinion, every mixed media artist should have one of these. She's even got a Rough Estimate Redux.
March 4th, 2012: No. 1

The next collage features the three graces, a stamp by Above the Mark, which is sadly shutting its doors. I think she may be selling the remaining inventory at this time. The background is a marching band schematic from Northwestern University in 1947. My dad was in the marching band, and now I have these lovely papers to work with.

March 4th, 2012: No. 2





2 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

love both of these, Kim!

Kim Tedrow said...

Thank you Lenna! I value your opinion and I always appreciate when someone takes the time to comment :) -Kim