Monday, May 14, 2007

Red Hot


A possible page for the Red Chunky Book I am hosting. I am having a hard time getting enthusiastic about this kind of art, the all-to-predictible collage style. Hopefully this lack of enthusiasm will translate into some new kinds of work...some exploration.

Spend much of the weekend slopping gesso and paint onto red rosin paper, and actually finished a couple of things that I like. They are too large to scan, and photos produce a glare off the paint/gel medium, so I haven't posted them. Both are about 18 x 24" (or larger), and are both monochromatic greens. One of them was inspired by the Holy Family Shrine in Gretna, Nebraska; the other was inspired by a painting I saw in a house I wrote a news-type story about.

2 comments:

Just Tera said...

I am in LOVE with this page. I love any and all things red but this is so beautiful to me. Great work. May not have inspired you but it did me :)

Filipa said...

All is beautiful, this one is my fav.