Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Work

In spite of the numerous deadlines, family events, and hosting the Red Chunky book, I managed to do some artwork. I am still working with Chrysti Hydeck's background technique as described in an article in the July/August 2007 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. It's addictive! My hope is that it is evolving into a style that's more my own -- I've already altered the process somewhat. I'm not sure all of these are finished, either. I think several of them need captions or words or...something.

Like this one titled "Zero" after Emily Dickenson's famous snake poem, with the ending line "zero at the bone." I want to work that line into the piece somehow, and I have a feeling I'm going to end up laser printing it in reverse and transferring it on. Suggestions are welcome.

I love this one, I had no idea what I was going for when I was working on it. Browsing through an old Hymnal, I found the perfect caption for it: "Seeking the Lost."
I think she needs a cartoon bubble over her head (below) that says, "I'm in trouble."
I need a caption for this one (below), any suggestions? I'm thinking something absurdly intellectual, about the last thing you'd expect.
The fish needs a caption or a word too, I just have no ideas. Again, suggestions are welcome.
This is a piece of scripture (below) that I ran across in some ephemera online, I love the sentence structure. This is a little on the cutesy side for me.
Following are two ATCs using the same background technique with gel medium transfers. (They are spoken for.)

1 comment:

Chrysti said...

Pick up an old poetry book, and look for words or phrases, often, i find somethign that leads me to captions etc... words are everywhere, you just need to look! I have masses of old poetry books, i'd be happy to send you some pages if you need a bit of inspiration!

I LOVE the play on my technique! It is evolving into your own, I think it always does, especially with such an open ended process :-)