Sunday, December 02, 2007

In This House 2


I love the white-on-white theme, and have worked with it often in the past. So it's no surprise that I love Nina Bagley's house in "In This House," and that my own "house" project took a turn from the bright-girly colors of the first room to the shades of white in this one.
I call this room "The Wedding Room." When I got married, I didn't have a wedding for various reasons, and I still regret that. The whole story behind it is too personal for blog posting, but that the piece is solitary and wistful offers clues. Also that the vintage lace is so worn it is nearly falling apart. I want to make the story part of the piece, so I may use the back of the room to tell the story - write it out and slip it into an altered library pocket. The back story. :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Kim, your houses are beautiful!

Wabbit said...

Beautiful work, Kim!

Colette said...

Kim they are very beautiful and I love the way you share your process of relating past homes where you lived and rooms - How that interacts with what you created.