Tuesday, December 11, 2007

In This House 6


This is my final "room" for this particular project (I'm not including the first one I did), and I didn't have any particular theme or idea in mind here. I started off simply wanting to use a new "Paisley" stamp from Stampabilities. It evolved from there. I used some things that I've had laying around for over a year: the little tags with the faces on them, the "inchies" I made around the time of the White Chunky Book, as well as the eyelets and wire (that I have plenty of but don't often use).

I also used some snippets of text I've collected from old romance novels. I actually think the text is not easy to see -- they don't "pop" out as separate from the background. I actually struggled with that for a while and decided to leave them that way. I think I don't want to do the artistic equivalent of "shouting," let them be messages that the viewer has to look for.

3 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Kim, I have really enjoyed your houses! Great work!

Lenna Andrews said...

Kim, I am enamored with your house series . . . very interesting & beautiful to look at!

paru's_circle said...

this is my favorite!