Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Antique Shop Find


I found this little box of treasures at an antique shop near my home (A Street Antiques for you Lincolnites). I have never seen these before, they are little place signs for a dinner table. They are about the size of slide mounts. These are mirrored with small hand-painted flowers. There is a frosted or rough portion in the center of the slide in which to write guest's names in pencil. Two of the little pieces still had names penciled on them: "Butchie" and "Gretchen." I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but I couldn't pass them up.

4 comments:

Kel said...

That reminds me, I have some of those hidden away some where from my Mum's dinner parties in the 70s. What a cool find. Wouldn't you love to know more about Butchie and Gretchen1?!? Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm bookmarking yours for a leisurely read later.

Dawn said...

This is a wonderful find, I would have had to take them home too. What fun you can have with these - be sure to post if you do anything with them. x

kathy mccreedy said...

Hi Kim, I couldn't have passed those up, either! What fun!

Sea Dream Studio said...

Oh, how interesting. I purchase a nearly identical box of these myself a few months ago. I, too, could not pass them by, but have yet to use them. I love them, though! Yours are wonderful!
~dale