Sunday, March 30, 2008

Star Washers

For the GPP challenge, "Cut it Out" -- please scroll down.
The mystery earring person has not yet come forward! Unless it was the thug who broke into my car last night and took my stereo faceplate.

Funny how stuff like this doesn't rattle me too much anymore. If someone's desperate enough to break into an 11 yr old dirty Corolla to get something that has a street value of about nothing, then I feel for them.


A N Y W A Y I finished this piece today, and scanned it and another piece (below it) to put up for sale on Etsy. I am pretty determined to give my Etsy shop a good go. I just don't think I've found my "groove" yet.


I did the above piece to go with an article I wrote for the now defunct Creative TECHniques magazine. In it, I recycled images from old collages. I really love this piece, especially the enlarged star washers. I've actually done a couple of these, but am saving one for David's next CD cover.

3 comments:

Casey said...

Love your work, especially the anatomy pieces (i have a thing for medical drawings). Your stamps are just amazing! And I must thank you for the Project Runway video - I had no idea they did that? Was Christian's collection still your favorite? I could not take the leggings. I have to give props to Kit for this one!

Kathy McCreedy said...

Hi Kim,
I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your banner... SO beautiful! I'm jealous... I don't seem to be able to get my banners to go edge to edge on Typepad... likely it's me, but still, it's frustrating... and finding the answers are not at all straight forward! Love your collage with the bird diagram... really, really cool! Take care!

artbeth67 said...

I really love the piece with the face and washers!