Sunday, September 19, 2010

One or Three a Day - September 18th

For the GPP Street Team Challenge, scroll down.

Tonight I did three collages.  I did the first two as I've done a few, similar backgrounds and color palettes. It doesn't take much more time to make two, as I wait for one to dry I work on the other, and so on.

So tonight I was going to do something different, maybe with some stitching, and went to look through my stash of backgrounds/fabric paper for inspiration. I ran across the background in the darker piece, which is actually a scan and enlargement of another background I did on a canvas.  It's enlarged to about twice its original size. I saw that and took it back to my table, and put it next to the butterfly in the piece. A happy accident - as you can see, these first two collages are done in the spirit of camouflage.

September 18th, 2010: The Happy Accident
September 18th, 2010: Camouflage
September 18th, 2010

No comments: