Saturday, October 01, 2011

One a Day - October 1st, 2011: Number 500

To celebrate my 500th collage, leave a comment on this post and you'll be entered into a drawing for a pendant of your choice from my Etsy shop (look to the right side of the screen).  See all of the pendants here.

Well this pretty much ended up a mess. I'm OK with that. The only guideline I gave myself for this collage was that it be all authentic material. No collage sheets, no scrapbook paper, no scanned and printed images. All of these elements are from real old things.

There's the endpaper from an 1900 edition of Tennyson's poems, an old piece of wallpaper, part of a vintage button card, and old magazine picture of an owl, something snipped from an old sheet music cover, a piece of an old pocket notebook in which someone noted the weather and the day's activities, and part of a food stamp from the late 80s. 


October 1st, 2011: Number 500

19 comments:

Bruce said...

Well, you made it to 500!!! Celebrate!!!

Debbie Lingl said...

I really like this one, but I also like all the others. Makes great use of old things with upcycling. Youv are very talented and most definately have a gift!

Bear Chick said...

I admire your stick-to-it-iveness! And your artist talent!

Stinabean said...

WOW Kim 500 Collages color me impressed! Keep up the creativity I love looking for you daily art.
-Christina Newton

Attic Rat said...

Congratulations! 500 is HUGE!! Keep up the good work!

SMiles,
Teresa

Nebraska Artist said...

Jaim thinks your accomplishment is awesome!

Nebraska Artist said...

Jaim says awesome accomplishment!

Nebraska Artist said...

3x time trying to leave a comment! Congratulations Kim what a great accomplishment!

Doyle said...

It has been fun watching you create all of them, and I am awed by your creativity and commitment to make it to 500! I thought 365 was an accomplishment, but congrats on half a grand!

Bonita Rose said...

I love it that you used all authentic papers... beautiful! Hoping I win! hugs xo

theresa martin said...

Congrats Kim. I've enjoyed watching these each day. Well done!

Lorelei said...

Good Show Kim..as usual....

Eileen said...

500!! Wow! Talent and tenaciousness - a great combination! Congrats!!

Susan said...

"Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you." You did it! Congratulations - and I've enjoyed them all!

Wanda AKA "Craftymule" said...

Wow, 500 collages! I would have lost count by now. Congratulations on this super achievement!!!!

cristina said...

nice works, I like them and can say you: Brava 500 are a lot and every one is fantastic!

Kelly Madigan said...

Kim, I have so much enjoyed seeing these as they have been posted, and like others have said, I admire your persistence. A beautiful habit.

Musicmaker said...

wow - 500!!! I hope you don't stop - I really enjoy seeing your new designs. They spark my own imagination.

Melissa L. R. Sinner said...

This is wonderful! What a great way to promote your work. Looking forward to seeing more!