Saturday, May 19, 2012

Prayer Flag: Forgive

"Forgive" is something I have a hard time with, whether it's forgiving others or myself.

So I thought a "forgive" prayer flag might be a good place to start. Like I said in an earlier post, it helps to manifest a concept into physical form.

I did some research on the Web, and discovered that forgiveness is associated with the color orange, and with white tulips.

The background is a piece of canvas that has been monoprinted and stenciled with varying shades of orange, including glow-in-the-dark orange!

The lettering is stamped onto canvas, filled in with a Sharpie, then stitched onto the background.

The tulips and leaves are made of fabric paper that has been stitched onto the background and varnished. Learn more about fabric paper at the Cloth Paper Scissors Web site.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I appreciate the research that went into this work. It will be easier to put the principle into practice since it has become a part of your mind, heart, and even your fingers!