Sunday, July 07, 2013

French Knots & Floral - Needle Thread Cloth challenge


Artist Theresa Martin recently started a blog - needle thread cloth - that issues a monthly challenge for artists to use embroidery in mixed-media artwork. June's challenge was to use French knots with a floral theme.

Several years ago, I scored a major thrift-store coup when I came upon two small plastic organizers filled with embroidery floss in every color. So when I discovered the blog and read the first challenge, I broke out those boxes and dove right in.

Honestly, I was just going to play around and do a couple of flowers and practice doing French knots. But once I started, I couldn't stop. I took a pair of hot-pink jeans that I recently found at a yard sale, deconstructed them and got to work. Here is the result.


1 comment:

theresa martin said...

I do love this so. I keep going back to look at the flower on the right that looks like an orange starfish. It's beautiful overall, but that orange against the pink is electric.